Monday, January 9, 2012

MEN SHOULD ALWAYS PAY FOR A DATE! PERIOD! There is no wiggle room in this!

I had a shitty date last night with a man from one of my meetup.com groups. Although he asked me out for a drink, he showed up about 10 minutes late. I being a modern woman ordered myself a drink and laid down a $20. But the bartender did not take my money. I thought it was weird especially since it wasn't very busy. Low and behold my "date" comes in, the bartender takes his order and then picks up MY $20 and asks if he should take both out of it. 

I was very annoyed. And there were other things this man did that were just gross that night as well. I gave him an hour and got out of there.

When I got home I emailed with a male FB friend who informed me I was wrong to be pissed about the money situation and told me it should be Dutch and women should never assume that a man should pay.

So let me just say to that male friend that 
A) NEVER argue with a woman that just had a bad date. 
B) You're STILL wrong.

And see how others felt about this as well.

    • C -That's ridiculous! How dare both of them do that?? The bartender should've taken the $$ before the guy got there, and the guy should've just spoken up & said, "No, I got both of them" & easily taken care of it. :(
      22 hours ago · 
    • X- ‎@ C: EXACTLY!!!!!!!!
      22 hours ago · 
    • C- Makes you wonder if he intended to pay for anything at all, even his own stuff?? Did he mention anything about "going dutch" or similar beforehand? (not that he's gonna get many second dates with anybody that way... not a great 1st impression.) Was it a setup w/the bartender perhaps? Dislike!
      21 hours ago · 
    • X He never mentioned anything beforehand. I would have told him i was b. had he done so.
      21 hours ago · 
    • Ass!
      19 hours ago via mobile · 
    • S-Wow that takes balls. A gentleman should have picked up your money and handed it back to you and given the bartender payment for both drinks. At the very least he should have paid fir his own drink.
      18 hours ago · 
    •  X-
       to my single male friends...now you get a bird's eye view of what women expect and think. You're welcome.
      10 hours ago · 
    • SH -(1 male friend- not the offender) I am a social dork and complete nerd but I know for sure you do not let the woman buy your drinks
      10 hours ago ·